Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
In this episode, we’re joined by Matt Letourneau, CEO of Neverthirst. It’s estimated that 785 million people still lack access to clean and safe water. Neverthirst partners with local indigenous pastors as well as established local well drilling teams to bring clean water and the gospel to some of the poorest unreached people groups in the world.
For those of us seeking to manage God’s wealth wisely, Matt shares on topics like accountability for nonprofits, balancing addressing physical and spiritual needs, and sharing a vision with others. He also explains why addressing clean water is unique strategy with ripple effects through entire communities in areas like healthcare, gender equality, and education.
He also shares several inspiring stories of radical givers with a deep passion for serving the poor and unreached. Listen now to hear our conversation with Matt!
Quotes to Remember
- “We are both physical beings and spiritual beings.”
- “If you look at Jesus’ ministry, he met physical needs. He cared about the physical needs of the people that were put in his path.”
- “Every single person that they’re around now has gotten the bug for being generous and they’re the most joyful people I’ve ever been around.
Links from the Show
- Sponsor a project with Neverthirst
- Radical by pastor and author David Platt
- The Ultimate Disconnect – The sermon by David Platt at The Church at Brook Hills that launched the foundation of Neverthirst
- When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert
- Charity Navigator
- ROI Ministry
- Generous Giving’s annual Celebration of Generosity Conference
We Want to Hear From You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can leave a comment below or reach out on our contact page.