Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
In this episode, we were joined by Mike and Joyce Jackson, who lead Reach the Rest, a ministry dedicated to empowering local indigenous missionaries to spread the gospel in the places in the world where it’s never been heard. Together, they had a wealth of information and experience to share on topics like the new wave of global missions through indigenous missionaries, the impact of seeing the work firsthand, and how even a few dollars can have a massive impact. They had an endless supply of stories to share from their experience on the field and their interactions with generous supporters. Listen now to hear all they had to share!
Quotes to Remember
- “We’re used to being the tip of the spear. But in this age in which we live in, it’s a great thing to be a servant, and to be in a subservient role, to where we’re not necessarily the tip, but we’re holding the spear for those dear national believers, the indigenous. And they get the privilege of penetrating the darkness with the gospel.”
- “What’s the best investment you can make? It’s based in a relationship, one that is going to bring someone into God’s kingdom. Those types of investments are eternal.”
- “God just asks you to bring your fish and your loaves. That’s all He asks you to bring. He’s not asking you to bring enough to feed the 5000. He asks you to bring what He’s put in your hand.”
Links from the Show
- Reach the Rest
- Neverthirst (see our interview with CEO Matt Letourneau)
- Doulos Partners (see our interview with CEO David Johnson)
- The 10/40 Window (from the Joshua Project, see our interview with Director, Dan Scribner)
- See our interview with Richard Baxter here
- Faith Comes by Hearing (see our interview with VP Morgan Jackson)
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
Bible References from the Show
Lamentations 3:22-24 | Great Is Your Faithfullness
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; 23 they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.