Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
In this episode, Kealan shares his story through medical school and residency searching for an answer to the question, “How much money do I really need?” Listen as he shares his process for answering that question, and how that process evolved into the Finish Line Pledge.
Quotes to Remember:
- “We wanted to protect ourselves from that sort of lifestyle inflation”
- “We wanted to find some kind of a limit or benchmark that could keep us on track so that as we went through these different stages of life, our lifestyle didn’t just expand to fill up whatever there was to fill”
- “I know my income is going to jump by several times, and we’re going to be able to freely give all of that away, but that decision would have been very difficult to do if we had not been intentionally walking through this process and making these decisions along the way.”
- “I think my greatest fear is accidentally getting to the end of my life and realizing that there was so much more that I could have been a part of – that God was doing completely ridiculous stuff all around me.”
Links from the Show
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
- Revolution in World Missions by K.P. Yohannon
- The Aspiring to the Median Budget Calculator
- A detailed explanation of the calculator methodology
- The Finish Line SPRINT program (formerly called IMPACT)
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
We Want to Hear From You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can leave a comment below or reach out on our contact page.