Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
Morgan Jackson is the Executive Vice President of Faith Comes by Hearing, an audio bible recording ministry that has recorded the bible in over 1500 languages to reach over 1.3 million communities around the world. Morgan’s parents founded the organization in 1972 with a strong conviction to share the gospel and an unwavering commitment to God’s calling for their lives.
About 70% of the world live in predominantly oral, rather than written, cultures. Today, Faith Comes by Hearing partners with over 400 organizations to make the gospel accessible in audio and visual formats in the heart language of over 80% of the world’s population. Using custom designed solar-powered audio devices called Proclaimers, Faith Comes by Hearing and its partner ministries are able to share God’s Word with sometimes thousands of people at a time. And Morgan had countless stories about how each culture relates to God’s Word in a unique and powerful way.
Faith Comes by Hearing is also part of a larger collaboration of organizations that are united in the goal to make the bible accessible to everyone on the planet by 2033, two thousand years after Christ’s death. And they are making incredible progress. We were deeply encouraged by the stories and vision Morgan had to share. This is definitely an episode you won’t want to miss.
Quotes to Remember
- “Blank villages, those without a church, were being reached and churches were being planted simply by bringing the word of God for people to hear.”
- “In 2 Kings 23, the whole nation is assembled, and you have the record of the largest revival in Jewish history from not prayer, not fasting, not singing, but from simply hearing Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.”
- “In oral communities, anything that is important comes to you in a story, parable, proverb, song, or drama, with memory cues. That way you can hold onto it, because you don’t own it until you memorize it.”
- “We believe by 2033, two thousand years after Christ’s death, we could see a translation complete for every language of the world.”
- “There are going to be a lot of people who will die getting these translations done.”
- “The Word of God is spoken… it is written primarily to be heard.”
- “We’ve experienced the greatest revival in history in the last 100 years and almost nobody knows it.”
- “This next age is going to be the national [missionaries]. They are going to be asking for tools and resources, and we need to be ready to resource them.”
- “The body of Christ has become unified around the world. They’ve dropped their banners and are saying ‘Let’s get this job done’.”
Links from the Show
- Faith Comes by Hearing
- Answers to Prayer by George Muller
- American Bible Society
- Open Doors International
- The Timothy Initiative
- Wycliffe Bible Translators
- The Bible Brain – FCBH’s accessible hub of translations and recordings
- The LUMO Project – a visual translation of the bible available in over 1000 languages
- Seed Company bible translators
- Pioneer bible translators
- Jesus Film
- the Render app for bible translation
- Bible.is app – all of FCBH’s translations in app form
- The Illuminations collaboration – making God’s Word accessible to all people by 2033
- YWAM (Youth with a Mission)
- Charity Navigator
- One KC (Kansas City)
- The Grace and Mercy Foundation
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Forum
Bible References from the Show
Matt. 10:11 | When You Enter a Strange Town
11 And whatever town or village you enter, find out who is worthy in it and stay there until you depart.
Deuteronomy 6:4 | Hear O Israel
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
1 Timothy 4:13 | The Public Reading of Scripture
13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.
Mark 12:27 | The God of the Living
27 He is not God of the dead, but of the living.
Matt 24:14 | And Then the End Will Come
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our Facebook Group and our online forums.