Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
Andy DeWitt is an oral surgeon and author of the book Radical Giving: How Remarkable Generosity Can Set You Free. As Andy struggled with whether to go into private practice or full time missions work, he finally found is answer in a financial finish line.
From the beginning of his career, Andy and his wife knew how much they planned on spending on their family. And everything else, they left to God’s direction.
Through the years, Andy has learned a lot along the way. Listen to his thoughts on topics like combatting personal legalism, alligning yourself with your spouse, the importance of community, and involving your kids in the process.
In more recent years, Andy has become passionate about helping others share their stories through writing coaching and ghostwriting. He shares the experience that changed his mentality from giving in secret to sharing his own story. Listen now to hear all he had to share!
Quotes to Remember
- “How do you draw closer to Jesus through your ministry of giving?”
- “We became deeply involved with a small number of organizations.”
- “These other reputable people are giving and they’re giving generously, so I can give too.”
- “It’s not blowing a trumpet on the street corner saying ‘Look how great I am’. It’s saying ‘Come on guys, lets give well together.'”
- “When we tell stories well, it gives others an opportunity to learn from mistakes and to say ‘That’s what I’m doing with my life.'”
- “Sharing your heart of generosity helps others to have a heart of generosity.”
Links from the Show
- National Christian Foundation
- Celebration Conference with Generous Giving
- Journey of Generosity (JOG) with Generous Giving
- Andy’s book Radical Giving
- Crazy Love, by Francis Chan
- Andy’s website at www.andydewittwrites.com
- Andy’s free gift at www.andydewittfree.com
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
Bible References from the Show
Matt 6:3 | Giving in Secret
3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.