Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
Jeff Thomas is the founder of Arkos Global Avisors, author of Trading Up: Moving From Success to Significance on Wall Street, and cohost of the Generous Business Owner Podcast along with Alan Barnhart and Jeff Rutt. Jeff comes from a ministry family, but never quite felt called to vocational ministry. Rather, even at a young age, Jeff knew he was called into the business world.
Over the years, Jeff worked his way up the ladder as a financial advisor, eventually becoming a top 1% producer on Wall Street. However successful he appeared on the outside, he found himself empty and purposeless on the inside.
Through a series of events, God finally got Jeff’s attention. Since that time, Jeff has become an outspoken advocate of generosity, including writing his book, Trading Up, and launching the successful Generous Business Owner podcast. He also founded Arkos Global Avisors to give him and his team the freedom to infuse a biblical foundation of wealth into his client relationships.
Jeff had plenty to share on topics like staying aligned with where God is moving, building a team that is aligned towards one vision, how to think about inheritance, and how to steward advisor-client relationships well. Listen now to hear all he had to share!
Quotes to Remember
- “On the exterior, everything was fine. But I was just totally empty.”
- “I’m just making rich people richer. I don’t know what my purpose is, but that can’t be it.”
- “Daily study of the bible changed my life forever.”
- “I was chasing worldly success more than I was chasing Him.”
- “I was just operating on the wrong scorecard for awhile.”
- “I finally realized that God owns it.”
- “Ask God for the plan and do whatever He says – it’s so much more fun!”
- “I used to ask how much of my money God wanted me to give. Now I ask how much of God’s money He’s going to allow me to keep. Totally different mindset.”
- “You can’t take clients somewhere you haven’t been.”
- “My joy meter went off the charts.”
- “How much is enough for you. How much is enough for the next generation. And what are you going to do with the excess?”
- “I don’t think you get credit for giving money away when you’re dead. By the way, it’s not very fun.”
- “It aint about the money. And we make it way too much about the money.”
Links from the Show
- The Generous Business Owner Podcast with Jeff Thomas, Alan Barnhart, and Jeff Rutt
- Jeff’s book, Trading Up: Moving From Success to Significance on Wall Street
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
- Bible Study Fellowship
- Celebration Conference and Journey of Generosity with Generous Giving
- Kingdom Advisors
- Hope International
- Sacred Pace by Terry Looper
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
Bible References from the Show
Matt. 6:24 | You Cannot Serve Two Masters
24 “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.