Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
Colby Gilmore is a financial advisor for Ronald Blue Trust with a particular passion for helping clients explore generosity. Colby’s passion for generosity began during a class he took at Biola University called God and Money. His experience in that course led him and his wife to make the largest gift they had ever made up to that point, one with significant consequences not only for the recipient, but for Colby and his wife as well.
Colby’s career in accounting and later financial advising eventually led him to Ronald Blue Trust, where he finally found the freedom to openly share his passion for generosity with the clients he works with. Colby shares on topics like how generosity can radically impact your marriage, why we’re called to challenge others towards generosity, and stories of lives he’s seen changed from his perspective as a financial advisor. Listen now to hear all he had to share.
Quotes to Remember
- “Generosity will never be off the table”
- “God doesn’t need our money, He wants our heart. But He can do incredibly impactful things with whatever we give.”
- “You can’t fail with God on your side.”
- “God is compounding returns for eternity.”
- “We think about emotional intimacy, or spiritual intimacy, but we often don’t think about financial intimacy.”
- “Couples that incorporate generosity free themselves to have a lot more fun, financial intimacy, and success.”
- “Every client that comes in here, God has brought here.”
- “How do you know when you’ve won the game? How do you know when you’ve reached the finish line?”
- “I don’t know if I want to be comfortable. How do we put ourselves in situations that make us uncomfortable?”
Links from the Show
- Biola University Center for Marriage and Relationships
- Kiva Microfinance
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman
- Ronald Blue and Co. (CPA)
- Ronald Blue Trust (Financial Advisory)
- What Makes a Leader Great by Russ Crosson
- Hope International
- John Rinehart (see our interview with John here)
- The Finiancial Finish Line Calculator
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
Bible References from the Show
1 Timothy 6:10 | The Love of Money is the Root of All Evil
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
Mark 4:30 | 30, 60 and 100 fold
But those that were sown on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.
Matt. 6:24 | You Cannot Serve God and Money
No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.