Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
Jim Wise lives in Florida and is a senior partner and financial advisor for Ronald Blue Trust. He has also authored multiple books and resources regarding biblical stewardship. Jim did not grow up in a Christian home and from a very young age had the desire to accumulate wealth. He studied finance and went from working in retail to working as a financial advisor where he found his niche. As he progressed in his career and became more successful, Jim began to seek out higher and higher levels of material wealth: more money, new cars, and new houses every few years. However, it was in this place that God finally got Jim’s attention.
After Jim and his wife separately came to Christ in the same week, their lives changed dramatically. To start, Jim studied the biblical principles of money and finance for the first 6 months of his new faith. However, it was putting these principles to the test by stepping into generosity that really fueled Jim’s faith as we saw God respond over and over. These early experiences challenged him to connect his faith with his work as a financial advisor, eventually leading him to join Ronald Blue Trust.
Jim had much to say on topics like why money can never satisfy, true financial freedom, and the enormous wealth transfer of trillions of dollars that is going to take place in the next few decades. In particular, Jim is passionate about encouraging others to think critically about how they handle inheritance for their children. He is also deeply motivated by the Great Commission to see the gospel brought to every tribe, nation, and tongue. In fact, he has done significant research to show that our generation of Christians already has all the financial resources needed to finish all the work that remains. Listen now to hear all Jim had to say.
Quotes to Remember
- “Financial freedom will always and only be a function of how much money we are able to give away.”
- “Biblical stewardship wasn’t just something we read about in a book, it wasn’t just a Bible study, it became a part of who we are.“
- “Being generous is the only thing that can lead to financial freedom.”
- “Figure out what God is passionate about and direct your resources there.”
- “A Biblical study on what is on the heart of God, that we should be giving to is a very helpful in building a giving strategy.”
- “We are called to make disciples not converts.“
- “How much to the Kingdom and how much to the kids.”
- “It is very difficult to be consumed by God’s word every day and not have that automatically cultivate God’s missional heart inside you.”
Links from the Show
- Ronald Blue Trust (see our interview with founder, Ron Blue)
- See our interview with Mark & Sharon Taylor, who attribute the deepening of their generosity to Jim’s guidance
- Jesus Film Project (see our interview with Executive Director Josh Newell)
- Faith Comes by Hearing (see our interview with VP Morgan Jackson)
- Master Your Money (see our interview with author, Ron Blue)
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
Bible References from the Show
Romans 10:17 | Faith Comes from Hearing
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
Matthew 28:19-20 | The Great Commission
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
Acts 1:7 | Times and Dates Set by the Father
He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.”
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.