Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
David Campaigne is Partner and Senior Private Wealth Advisor at Ronald Blue Trust and lives in Baltimore with his wife and two children. David’s parents had a massive impact in his life not only in teaching him what it means to be a follower of Christ but what it means to live a generous life.
David thought he might end up in vocational ministry until God drew him into the business world. A few years after college David heard Jim Wise’s testimony, which drastically impacted his career. Not long after, Jim hired David to join him at Ronald Blue Trust.
David and his wife Kristin are involved in many ministries where they give of their time, talents, and treasures, and get excited about encouraging others to do the same. They feel strongly that they are not only supporters, but ambassadors of the ministries they support.
David shares about figuring out where to give as well as the need for accountability in your financial giving structure. He also shares about incorporating biblical wisdom on wealth into his job as an advisor as well as the unique and powerful effect a financial finish line has on your relationship with money. Listen now to hear all he had to say.
Quotes to Remember
- “We are each born into someone else’s story”
- “Never underestimate the power of the ripple effect that each of us can have on other peoples’ lives”
- “Giving freely of our time, talents and treasures is the only antidote to selfishness, greed and materialism.”
- “A life well spent is a life that earns and uses money to buy time so that you can balance life in order to impact people, to be productive and Godly members of society and it’s a life that focuses on the eternal in the realm of the temporal so that when we get to the end of our lives, we’ll have been found faithful with what God considers important.”
- “Don’t just accumulate possessions, accumulate experiences. Possessions are a dime a dozen, it’s experiences that are the currency of a life well lived”
- “If you don’t set a finish line, you’ll never quit”
- “Do your giving, while you are living, so you’re knowing where it’s going”
- “A Change of place and a change of pace will give you a change of perspective”
Links from the Show
- Rethinking Success, by J. Douglas Holladay
- Master Your Money, by Ronald Blue
- Your Life Well Spent, by Russ Crosson
- A Trip Around the Sun, by Mark Batterson & Richard Foth
- The Treasure Principle, by Randy Alcorn
- God and Money (see our interviews with co-authors Greg Baumer and John Cortines)
- The Circle Maker, by Mark Batterson
- The Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens
- Win the Day, by Mark Batterson
- Article: National Christian Foundation January 2021 – 5 Reasons volunteering is good for you
- Wycliffe Bible Translators (see our interview with CEO John Chesnut)
- See our interview with Jim Wise financial advisor with Ronald Blue Trust.
- HOPE International (See our interview with founder Jeff Rutt)
- Kingdom Advisors
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
Bible References from the Show
Psalm 90:10 & 12 | Number our days
10 The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away. 12 So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.
Ephesians 5:15-17 | Understand the will of the Lord
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Leviticus 17:11 | Life of the flesh is in the blood
For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for you on the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that makes atonement by the life.
Luke 16:10-13 | Faithful in little
“One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much. If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches? And if you have not been faithful in that which is another’s, who will give you that which is your own? No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.”
1 Corinthians 3 | God makes things grow
I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.
Matthew 6:19-21 | Layup treasures in heaven
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.