Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
Peter Greer is the CEO of HOPE International, an international microfinance organization that equips people and families facing poverty to launch small businesses to support themselves and their communities. HOPE uses Christ-centered micro-loans and small savings groups to provide people with the temporary capital and the knowledge they need to successfully support themselves and their communities through businesses.
Since inception, HOPE has provided more than $1.5 billion dollars to more than 2.5 million small business owners across 24 countries in the form of microfinance loans in order to empower them to break their own cycle of poverty with the gifts God gave them.
Peter shares powerful testimonies of how micro-loans and small savings groups are fostering incredible fruitfulness and transforming communities all around the world in a sustainable process infused with the gospel. He also challenges us to cultivate a heart of generosity by changing the way we see people facing poverty and recognizing that we have nothing that we ourselves haven’t been given!
Listen now to hear all he had to share.
Quotes to Remember
- Just because someone is poor speaks more to the circumstance that they are living in more than their capacity as an individual.
- The Generosity movement is not a North American movement. It is a global movement for anyone who recognizes how much we’ve been given.
- A woman is the heart of the home.
- Lottery preys on individuals that have no hope and creates a trap that keeps people stuck.
- Have eyes to see the capacity and the dignity of every single individual
- What do I have that I haven’t been given?
Links from the Show
- Hope International (see our interview with founder, Jeff Rutt)
- Mission Drift, by Peter Greer & Chris Horst
- Created to Flourish, by Peter Greer & Phil Smith
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
Bible References from the Show
1 Corinthians 4:7 | What Do You Have That You Haven’t Been Given?
For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.