Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
Mike Miller is a seasoned financial advisor and partner with Ronald Blue Trust as well as long term host of the Talking Money radio show. Mike shares his inspiring journey from growing up in a family of faith to establishing his own financial planning business, Plan First, which has since become part of Ronald Blue Trust. Mike highlights the importance of integrating biblical principles with financial advice, stewarding God’s resources wisely, and several helpful giving strategies. Major topics covered include:
- Mike’s early experiences with money
- Integrating biblical principles with financial advice
- Overcoming challenges and building relationships in the financial planning industry
- Balancing faith and professionalism as a Christian financial advisor
- Trusting God when everything is not clear
Quotes to Remember
- “Don’t let money use you, and use money properly.”
- “Spend less than you make and do it for a long period of time.”’
- “You’ve got to be open to the fact that God may be leading you in a direction that you may not have considered yourself.”
- “Satisfy the needs of the people, the rest will take care of itself.”
- “Keep your life free from the love of money and be content with what you have”
Links from the Show
- Ronald Blue Trust (see our interview with founder, Ron Blue)
- Talking Money Radio
- How Good is Good Enough by Andy Stanley
- Letters to a Young Progressive by Mike Adams
- Kingdom Advisors (see our interview with founder, Ron Blue)
- Jim Wise, financial advisor (see our interview here)
- David Campaigne, financial advisor (see our interview here)
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
Bible References from the Show
Jeremiah 33:3 | Call To Me
Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
Hebrews 13:6 | The Lord is my Helper
So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper;I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
Psalm 36:7-8 | Never Let Children Go Hungry
How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
Matthew 25:24-30 | Not Investing Because of Fear
He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest.
2 Timothy 1:7 | No Fear
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Philippians 4:6 | Do Not Be Anxious
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
1 Timothy 6:10 | Love of Money
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
1 Timothy 6:18-19 | Be Generous and Ready to Share
They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.