Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
Matt Mancinelli serves as the Managing Director at Generous Giving, where he harnesses his profound passion for generosity to empower individuals and unveil its transformative power. With unwavering dedication, Matt has committed his career to inspire others to embrace and embody the joy and liberating freedom that accompanies a life of giving.
From a young age, Matt fostered a fervent enthusiasm for generosity, willingly enduring diverse circumstances to expand his capacity to give. Even during periods marked by minimal resources, he reminisces about experiencing boundless joy in the act of giving.
In addition, Matt candidly shares about transitioning into married life and how he and his family, including their children, have embraced a lifestyle of radical generosity. Matt’s life brims with captivating narratives of witnessing divine intervention through moments of unwavering faith and audacious generosity, contagiously igniting excitement within others.
In this episode:
- What are common obstacles that people face when it comes to being more generous?
- How do we wrap our kids into lives of exciting generosity?
- How does giving impact our faith and relationship with God?
- How should we balance strategic, planned giving with joyful, spontaneous giving?
- How do we continue to grow in generosity?
Quotes to Remember
- The whole mission is to encourage people to be generous.
- Do I still actually believe that having more will make me happier?
- I got to spend a lot of years encouraging people to be generous without a hook.
Links from the Show
- Operation Mobilization
- George Verwer
- The Treasure Principle, by Randy Alcorn
- Generous Giving (see our interviews with cofounder, Todd Harper and CEO, April Chapman)
- Journey to Generosity (JoG) with Generous Giving
- Halftime by Bob Buford
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
Bible References from the Show
Ephesians 6:16 | Shield of Faith
In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;
Matthew 6:19-21 | Treasure in Heaven
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust[a] destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Acts 20:35 | Better to Give
‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.