Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
Andy Serafini, a seasoned financial advisor with over 37 years of experience, is a true advocate for the power of generosity. His deep-rooted Christian faith has fueled his passion to help individuals understand that money is merely a tool, and true happiness lies in using it to express love and glorify God.
Andy’s commitment to generosity extends beyond mere financial planning and retirement strategies. Through his personal anecdotes, he shares how his own experiences have shaped his understanding of the profound impact that giving can have on both the giver and the recipient.
From supporting missionaries in Africa to rescuing children from the horrors of sex trafficking, Andy demonstrates the transformative power of financial support. By sharing stories of the missionaries he personally supports, Andy shines a light on the incredible work being done around the world and underscores the importance of ongoing giving throughout one’s lifetime.
With a humble and gracious approach, Andy emphasizes the joy of being a part of God’s work and encourages listeners to lean into generosity as a means of storing up treasures in heaven. His insights and wisdom in navigating the intersection of faith, personal finance, and giving make this episode a must-listen for anyone seeking to discover the true meaning of financial stewardship.
- What are some practical ways to incorporate giving into our financial plans?
- How can we leave a financial legacy that honors Christ?
- How can financial advisors introduce the concept of generosity to clients?
- How can we think through inheritance from a faith perspective?
- What are some strategies for efficient and tax-wise giving?
- How can faith play a role in financial decision-making as a couple?
- How can we ensure long-term funding for causes we care about?
- How can supporting kingdom work draw us closer to God?
Quotes to Remember
- “Somebody supported the people that reached out to me back in the day. Okay. So why wouldn’t I do that?”
- “The reality that I challenge myself with is how much is enough?”
- “They’re ready to go in the mission field, but they can’t because they don’t have the funding.”
- “When it comes to taxes, you should pay everything you owe, but not a penny more.”
- “You worked too hard to let that retirement money fallow. Give it away, do something with it, and do it in a way that can impact eternity. And get the joy while you can.”
Links from the Show
- Ron Blue
- The Life God Rewards by Bruce Wilkinson
- God Pocket by Bruce Wilkinson
- Money, Possessions, and Eternity, by Randy Alcorn
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
Bible References from the Show
Ephesians 6:4 | Wisdom for Parents
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
Matthew 6:19-20 | Lay Up Treasures in Heaven
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust[a] destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
Acts 20:35 | Better to Give
It is more blessed to give than to receive.
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.