Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
Trevor Lui is the Chief Operating Officer of Global Trust Partners, an international ministry accountability organization. Trevor’s remarkable journey began in Hong Kong, where his family’s humble beginnings and the church’s pivotal support laid the foundation for his lifelong commitment to Christian values and service. His education in business administration and information systems propelled him into the business world. It wasn’t long before Trevor’s passion for active business drew him back to Hong Kong to consult on management—yet his trajectory took an unexpected turn toward ministry with Global Trust Partners.
GTP works to help countries around the world develop ministry peer accountability organizations, similar to the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) in the US. These organizations help raise the standard for nonprofits and ministries operating in these countries to better steward the resources entrusted to them. They also increase donor confidence in knowing they can trust the organizations they partner with. Topics include:
- What challenges and rewards come with transitioning from business to ministry?
- What does effective accountability look like for a Christian ministry?
- How does organizational accountability increase capacity for personal generosity?
- How can you find more information about the accountability of ministries based outside the U.S.?
- In what ways do church cultures vary internationally, especially in the context of generosity?
- What practical steps can individuals take to adopt an abundance mindset and effectively share their resources for a greater purpose?
Quotes to Remember
- “When a ministry aligns itself with this standard and commits to independent, verified compliance, it sets a strong foundation for accountability.”
- “Accountability flows through transparency. And that gives the trust to the giver.”
Links from the Show
- Global Trust Partners (GTP)
- GTP Peer Groups Directory (International Peer Groups)
- Generous Church (see our interview with founder Patrick Johnson)
- Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA)
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.