Listen to the Show
What We’ll Cover
Kate Gardner is a trailblazer in the realm of next-generation philanthropy. With a transformational journey that began with receiving a significant wealth transfer on her 21st birthday, Kate redefined her life’s trajectory to align with her faith and a profound dedication to generosity. She has since supported approximately 60 missions teams across 20 to 30 nations, nurturing lasting relationships with the teams she supports.
As the co-host of the Ascendants Podcast and co-founder of Magnify, Kate illuminates the paths of fellow inheritors, helping them navigate the complexities of wealth stewardship with purpose and joy. Her deep-seated passion for holistic generosity extends beyond financial giving—she actively champions creative giving through real estate and hospitality and empowers the next generation to write their own generosity narratives.
- How can next gens navigate the pressures of inheriting wealth and maintaining family legacies?
- In what ways can inheritors find individual purpose in the midst of pre-established paths of philanthropy?
- What are effective strategies for wealth givers to involve their children in the conversation about inheritance?
- What is the role of community in shaping the philanthropic journey of Christian inheritors?
- How should givers think about any wealth transfer to their children?
- How can next gens develop financial literacy and character before receiving wealth?
- What challenges do next gens face in relation to their mental and emotional health, and how can faith inform their coping strategies?
Quotes to Remember
- “I also like to think of prayer as a form of generosity. It’s not about you.”
- “Your calling is where your greatest joy meets the world’s deepest need.”
- “I seek to support people financially, relationally, and spiritually with prayer.”
Links from the Show
- The Ascendants Podcast
- Gospel Patrons (see our interview with founder John Rinehart)
- Kate’s Profile in the book 31 Gospel Patrons by John Rinehart
- Cross Conference
- Kore Venture
- George Mueller Autobiography
- The Finish Line Community Facebook Group
- The Finish Line Community LinkedIn Group
We Want to Hear from You!
If you have a thought about something you heard, or a story to share, please reach out! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also contact us directly from our contact page. If you want to engage with the Finish Line Community, check out our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.